Question

sonos move battery life

• 13 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I purchased Sonos move about a month ago. Absolutely happy with the product. The only problem I have is the battery seems to drain very quickly when not in use. Once I charge it full, I would turn off the main power for the charging base as well as the power of the speaker. However even that the battery would drain in about 3 days without using. Recently I notice the power of the speaker turn on its own when no one has actually open the Sonos app, neither physically turn the power of the speaker or charging base on. This could be the reason why the battery drained so quickly. Is this normal?Does anyone experience the same problem? I hope it’s not a fault with the product itself. 

2 replies

There seems to be much discussion about this problem, which is frustrating considering Sonos Move is a portable speaker and should retain battery life when correctly switched off.   Obviously the device is not completely off with such rapid battery drainage.  How ridiculous is that?   I am thinking of adapting the speaker by hard wiring in a power switch, but wish instead that Sonos would get its finger out and provide a software solution!

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi@SWTan.

Thanks for reaching out to Sonos.

This issue on your move is very strange to think that it should last long.

The rechargeable battery lasts up to 10 hours and the capacity is 2420-2500maH.

I encourage you to contact us and submit a diagnostics report to see what's going on inside of your speaker.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.