Answered

Sonos Move - battery level on bluetooth apparently not a feature

• 27 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello

I have just had a very frustrating chat with Sonos support.

I have noticed recently that on Bluetooth my Sonos Move is no longer showing battery % (with wifi disconnected etc.) - the battery meter shows but it is blank.

Raised this with support who are telling me that this is not a feature and there is no way to look at battery life from bluetooth. I’ve spent 15 minutes trying to convince them that I have used the feature before only to be told that they would be happy to help me connect it to WiFi, see the battery life and then disconnect it again…..

Am I going mad? Has the feature been removed?

icon

Best answer by Xander P 1 March 2021, 17:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I think you might be going mad. I've never seen battery life displayed whilst in Bluetooth mode. I'm sure I've also seen threads on here asking for the feature :-)

Badge +1

Have since found this thread so maybe I am sane :-)

doesn’t give me an answer as to why it’s not showing the status though 

This is definitely a new issue or regression. Many of us know that you have to be connected to the Move with Bluetooth and turn off wifi on your phone, but even after that the Move’s battery indicator in the Sonos app is just blank with no percentage. Others have posted screenshots of how the app used to show battery level over Bluetooth, so it used to be a feature. I can’t believe Sonos support won’t acknowledge this as a regression.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi everyone, thanks for raising this with the Sonos Community!

I wasn’t actually aware that this was possible, however @WiseDroid is definitely correct here - the Sonos app is expected to show the battery level of the Move when connected via Bluetooth, and the controller is not connected to WiFi.

I’ve been able to recreate the issue on our side, and I’ve raised this with the engineering team to investigate :)

Thanks for following up Xander! 

Badge +1

Yeah absolutely, thank you for the follow up :)