Answered

SONOS Move Battery Level on Bluetooth

• 25 September 2019
  • 44 replies

Userlevel 1
Is there a way to see the Move's battery life while in Bluetooth mode?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 25 September 2019, 23:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

44 replies

Yep, I’ve even tried other device types to check but yes it is set as Speaker. And yes that is when I’d expect to see this screen if it was not connected but the Move is connected and plays properly. 

What controller device is it? Anything running on the device that might be causing the connection to get blocked?

Have you tried rebooting the device or deleting the pairing and setting it up again?

Note, a Bluetooth signal uses the 2.4Ghz band so just ensure nothing on that band is nearby that may cause interference. 

Mattmoubray,

The only time I see that screen is if the Move (or Roam) speaker isn’t connected and working correctly. It looks like something is blocking your connection. Have you set the device type as ‘Speaker’ in the Bluetooth settings and ensured the device is working before opening the Sonos App? This is what I’m currently seeing… (see attached)

Yep, I’ve even tried other device types to check but yes it is set as Speaker. And yes that is when I’d expect to see this screen if it was not connected but the Move is connected and plays properly. 

Mattmoubray,

The only time I see that screen is if the Move (or Roam) speaker isn’t connected and working correctly. It looks like something is blocking your connection. Have you set the device type as ‘Speaker’ in the Bluetooth settings and ensured the device is working before opening the Sonos App? This is what I’m currently seeing… (see attached)

This is all I see…

just says “WiFi isn’t connected”

I am connected via BT and playing music, I can turn WiFi on or off, place the move on the charging base or off, nothing changes. It’s easy to check the app, or ask google or Alexa the battery life while on WiFi, but when on Bluetooth this is all I can see.

Agreed, updated Move and iPhone 12 Pro and shows blank battery. I could live with the odd WiFi  toggle off if at least it showed the level correctly. 

Also agreed there should at least be basic battery communication on the device through the light — something like blink once for 25%, twice for 50%, etc. 

Mine is blank. Strange

I have the exact same problem. It always shows the battery as blank, even when I’m connected with Bluetooth and have my iPhone’s WiFi turned off. Sonos support couldn’t help at all. I even got a replacement unit and it has the exact same issue. So frustrating for a premium Bluetooth-enabled speaker.

Badge +1

Also having this blank battery status issue over BT - thought I was going mad so glad to read others used to be able to see battery status via Bluetooth. I also now get the blank battery bar.

Sonos support also didn’t believe me it was a feature lol :-(

Can an admin change this thread to not resolved too as clearly there is an issue 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

My Move don’t even show in the app. Have tried to reset it, but it’s all the same. I use a Iphone 12 pro. So I have no way to see battery level while connected via Bluetooth. Please help.

I’m experiencing the same problem as recently mentioned. A battery icon is showing when I’m on Bluetooth and off wifi (in the Sonos app). But it is blank.

I understand that pushing whatever update that’s needed can take some time, but it would be nice if Sonos could at least recognise the problem and reply.

Also having the same issue where the battery percentage is not displayed in the app while connected via bluetooth. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update for the app

This is what see in me Sonos app while on Bluetooth. I’m unable to go into my system or move speaker to see battery level

Userlevel 1
Badge

The pics are there. You just need to look at older replies. :) Merry Christmas!:)

I’m not seeing any of the above pics. 

Badge +1

That is the Sonos App!!! And it's not showing IN THE APP. I don't know how much clearer I can be. And please stop responding with answer that are wrong. It used to show the battery level but not anymore. Or are you seeing a battery level with numbers showing the percentage left in the picture I attached? No. That's what I'm asking. Why It's not showing where it's supposed to show.

its totally clear what you are saying, I think you are being trolled

What I see sometimes in the Sonos forums is similar what you see in Apple/iPhone forums. Some people are so blindly loyal that any justified criticism/complaint is derided, or not responded to in a constructive manner, 

Userlevel 1
Badge

That is the Sonos App!!! And it's not showing IN THE APP. I don't know how much clearer I can be. And please stop responding with answer that are wrong. It used to show the battery level but not anymore. Or are you seeing a battery level with numbers showing the percentage left in the picture I attached? No. That's what I'm asking. Why It's not showing where it's supposed to show.

Thanks man! :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Userlevel 1
Badge

Is there anyway we can send this problem to Sonos to obtain an answer about this matter? Perhaps it's something they need to explain or fix something on the Sonos app.  

Yeah I feel like this is a bug of some sort. Since it was working a couple of months ago. Now I've tried with three different iPhones and it's the same thing. No info on how much battery there is left in the Sonos app. Just an empty battery. 

Badge

Is there anyway we can send this problem to Sonos to obtain an answer about this matter? Perhaps it's something they need to explain or fix something on the Sonos app.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m unsure about how much more clear this can be: The battery life is only shown in the Sonos app.

I understand you want a different answer, but that is the one given by a Sonos rep. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well it's not the answer. Since it's not working. There is no battery level. Only a picture showing and empty battery and no number showing how much is left. So no, the second answer is not the answer to my problem.

The second post in the thread, marked as the ‘answer’, is from a Sonos rep. What other ‘addressing’ are you looking for?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I'm having the exact same problem with both my Moves. No battery percentage showing. Would be loveiof someone from Sonos could address this.

Badge

I’m completely off WiFi and the Sonos moves is on Bluetooth. I’m playing music from Apple Music. When trying to check how much batter I have left, I can’t get the porcentaje. Please see the attached the picture. Can you help me out?  Thank you 

This is a dubious implementation of dubious requirements.

I am in a chalet with a wifi network I connect to for everything else than Sonos wifi -> email, spotify, Netflix, name it.

Then the move is on Bluetooth because it makes no sense to reconfigure the wifi and have to do it all again when we will be back home!

So turning wifi off to see battery left is just plain stupid and that exposes a design flaw.  Just broadcast the damn battery level as everyone else does.  

What an embarrassment!