Answered

Sonos Move

• 7 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi my Sonos Move doesn’t charge through the USB-C port, never has worked. Is there a setting that I don’t know about or is this a common issue? I’ve seen a few people saying the same thing. I only discovered the port a few weeks ago and i’ve tried various different chargers none work at all. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 August 2022, 17:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

@Cjwood78,

The power adapter must be USB PD (Power Delivery). For 45W operation the PD source must put out either 20V/2.25A (or higher current) or 15V/3A (or higher current). For 36W operation the PD source must put out 12V/3A or 15V/2.4A and charging speed is reduced if listening to audio at the same time. Anything less than 36W will not power, or charge, the Move.

Some users in the community have found that some brands of chargers do not work, whilst others worked okay. There are threads here in the community that discuss chargers that do/don’t work, so maybe try searching for those old threads.

Ok thanks. 👍