Question

Sonos Move

• 25 May 2020
  • 2 replies

I have had a Sonos system for years and recently purchased the Move. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with it. My wife gave it to me for my birthday. I tried using is yesterday for Memorial Day outside. I had used it with a Pandora station and it worked find. However, when I tried to use it with a Sonos station, it worked for perhaps two minutes and then I got no reception at all. 

Trying to start it up again was almost impossible. I have a Sonos bride and boost installed in my system. I was ready to throw it out I was so frustrated. I loved the station but could not play it.   My son had suggested connecting it to blue tooth, but that did not happen. What are your thoughts? I have always been most happy with my system but not so much with the Move.   Help   Joe

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

i have to agree.  Move is basically unstable even with current updates.

Sometimes it connects with WIFI, but only if I totally reset and start over and then it doesn’t the next time.  

Same for Bluetooth.

It doesn’t matter if I place it next to the router or lay my iphone on top of the Move.

Quite simply it’s not working properly at all.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

The Move doesn't use the Boost or the bridge (SonosNET), but connects to your WiFI instead - so it could be an issue with your WiFI signal. 

Can you try it close to your WiFi/Router and just check it holds it signal there to confirm that bit works or not. 

Ive just invested in a move to take outside, and have been really pleased with it, but I do have a wireless access point outside, so wifi coverage in my garden is good.