Question

Sonos keeps dropping connection and skipping songs

• 4 September 2019
  • 2 replies

My sonos keeps dropping connection and skipping songs. I've put in a support ticket (1317828030) but not sure what I can do now. Our system hasn't had this problem before and we've had it for some time now.

2 replies

While you wait for a community moderator to pick up your diagnostic (and if you prefer, you could contact Sonos Support directly), there are a couple of things that spring to mind based on your statement, since I don't have access to the diagnostic.

First, and most prevalent, the cause for this kind of thing is wifi interference. Since you didn't mention any particular changes in your LAN, then I'm guessing it's from an outside source, not under your control. There's a lot of good information in that link, you may want to try applying one or two of the solutions in it.

Second, less likely, and harder to point to in a report somewhere, is a duplicate IP address issue. Try unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug your Sonos devices back in to the power.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
@aduncan Hi there, Airgetlam's advice is good. It may also help to switch your Ubiquiti access points over to the same wireless channel. Right now they're on 6 and 11, which makes it hard for your Sonos speakers to stay connected and in communication. Try switching them all over to channel 1 or 6 and see if that helps.