sonos gen2 player no longer working

• 15 January 2018
  • 5 replies

I'm having a similar problem, my sonos 5 gen2 has stopped working. It did work and was paired with another sono 5 gen2 speaker which is still working. I have reset it multiple times to no avail. I have 12 speakers and this is the only one not connecting. When resetting it the light flashes green and the chime sounds but will not connect. I tried it on ethernet and that worked. I removed it from my wifi to get a clean reconnect and retried connecting it but to no avail. Can anyone give me clues as to how to get help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
ok we can continue on this thread since the other was from another user

Do you have other sonos speakers that are wired to router (always running sonosnet vs. wifi only)?

If you go to Sonos.com - support - standard support you should find the phone number. What country are you?
I'm in the US. I have found phone number, Thank you! All of my speakers are running off my Orbi.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
while wired to router and working... go to settings...advanced...wifi setup to make sure get clean credentials to it.

then try unplugging and give 5 minutes before try and connect to sonos.
Chris, I was able to speak with support and they diagnotically checked it and it is defective. It's under warranty and so they are going to replace it. YEAH! :8
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
wow another defective Play:5 - - really unusual and keep seeing past few weeks.