Sonos five drops out intermittently

• 2 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, since receiving my Sonos five I’ve noticed that it drops out intermittently. This happens when I play either Spotify or Sonos radio.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you able to connect any of your Sonos speakers directly to your router or network with an ethernet cable?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did that when initially setting up the system. All other speakers are connected and have no dropouts, including the Move which spends time in the garden (much further from the router than the Five is located). The Five drops out while other speakers in the group carry on playing so it seems to be a problem with that unit alone

Userlevel 7

Are you able to keep one of your speakers permanently wired to your router with an ethernet cable? A wired setup could fix the audio drop outs you are experiencing with your Five.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Unfortunately not, the router is located in the hall where we have no need for a speaker. Do you think the drop outs are due to the location of the Five/interference, rather than a potential issue with the unit?

Userlevel 7

Yes, more than likely. You could try testing your Five by connecting it to your router with an ethernet cable temporarily to see if you experience the same issue just to rule out a problem with the speaker.

Userlevel 7

You can also try:

• Unplugging your Five from power for about a minute
  • Rebooting your router
  • Changing the wireless channel on your router
  • Moving the Five to a different location