Answered

Sonos Five

• 18 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I bought the sonos arc , ones for surround and the sub .I just got 1 Five can I connect it to my surround as a center channel or just so I could hear them all together or do I have to buy the 2 . If so I definitely need to return it if I need 2 to get it to work . Thank you 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 March 2022, 04:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You can only add up to two Subs (one must be a Gen 3) and two surround speakers to the Arc for a maximum 5.2.2 setup.

You cannot add another Sonos speaker as a center channel. The Arc alone already acts as the center, front left, and front right channels.

You can group the Five with your Arc setup in the Sonos app, but you may experience a slight audio delay from the Five when playing TV audio.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So even if you would buy another Five it can only be grouped with the surround set "room” in Sonos. Grouping will cause a slight dealy on the grouped speakers with any TV-sound. Music will be in sync.