Question

sonos dropping connection every song

• 8 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have a Sonos 1and 3 and bridge. I’m using sonos to play songs on my iphone but before each song ends the connection drops making my two speakers useless and unusable. I have sent a config report to sonos via the app but no response

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I have a Sonos 1and 3 and bridge. I’m using sonos to play songs on my iphone but before each song ends the connection drops making my two speakers useless and unusable. I have sent a config report to sonos via the app but no response
Diagnostic reports do not receive Sonos attention unless you actively contact support with the diagnostic number, or you could try posting the number here for Sonos reps to take a look at.

Check that your issue is not the one described in the box at the top of the following article:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2922?language=en_US
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You mention a Sonos Bridge, they have a common failure as they age with the power supply going bad. It is cheap and easy to replace so it is no big deal. Sonos doesn't have replacements for them but your local folks can likely match the unit or Amazon offers several.

Best way to see if that is a possibility is to remove the power from the Bridge and temporarily connect the Ethernet cable from it to one of your speakers. Give the system a couple minutes to stabilize and see if the problem is gone.
While the BRIDGE is a potential point of failure, I'm with pwt on this one, based on the fact that the OP said he was playing from his iPhone. pwt linked to the article about the iOS issue.