Question

Sonos Controllers

• 28 October 2017
  • 4 replies

I have 2 play1 and one play5, but i would like to know, how many controllers can i have for my account, until nkow i got, a laptop, a tablet, and 1 iphone. Can i get more than that ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Unlimited registered, 32 in use at one time. You have a ways to go.
jgatie, that actually brings up a question that's been in the back of my mind for a long time, perhaps you can help.

Is the 32 item limit include controllers and speakers/CONNECTs, or is it 32 devices, and 32 controllers? And is a 5.1 system one, or is it 4 speakers? And I guess along those lines of thought, it might imply that a stereo pair is one device instead of two....but you'd need the space to connect the individual speaker first, before pairing it.

Not a huge issue, I'm no where close to hitting this limit, yet, just curiosity.

To the OP, I currently have 16 speakers, and 6 controllers of various types. Not all of the controllers are active at a time, but I don't have any issues, either.
Total of 32 devices and 32 controllers. 5.1 system = 4 devices, stereo pair = 2 devices, Boost or Bridge = 1 device.
Thanks, sir.