Sonos Controller in the Windows Store?

• 1 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
Now that major companies have their software available as universal app in the Windows Store of Windows 10, I was actually surprised that I didn’t found anything from Sonos there and that I had to install the Sonos Controller for Windows 10 via the classic download from the website. So,I would appreciate to have the Sonos Controller for Windows 10 available in the Windows Store as well, just like Apple iTunes.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi fico99

I don't know why you don't like the FREE Sonos app but if you insist here's a link to the Micosoft Store for a so-called Universal Sonos app called Phonos. I have no experience with the app so I can't recommend it; but then again, neither can I not-recommend it. Cheers!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/phonos-universal/9nblggh4x6j0?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Now that major companies have their software available as universal app in the Windows Store of Windows 10, I was actually surprised that I didn’t found anything from Sonos there and that I had to install the Sonos Controller for Windows 10 via the classic download from the website. So,I would appreciate to have the Sonos Controller for Windows 10 available in the Windows Store as well, just like Apple iTunes.
It's not available in the macOS app store, either. However, it's easy to find, download and install, it's signed, and it keeps itself up to date, so I don't think it's a big deal.