Answered

Sonos connect with other playbars

• 25 April 2017
  • 5 replies

Can i use my samsung tv playbar with sonos connect and 2 play 1's to make home theater surround as 5.0 channel
icon

Best answer by John B 25 April 2017, 22:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No the only way to have 5.0 surround is a playbar and 2 sonos play speakers as surrounds (or wired surrounds using Connect:Amp)
Thanks Chris, I have Samsung playbar is that wont work as like sonos playbar with sonos connect ? and as you said what does it mean " wired surrounds using Connect:Amp". Do you mean it will be possibel with connect:amp
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Your Samsung soundbar will not work in any way as a front surround in a Sonos 5.1. You could probably hook a connect to it to play music. But for surround you must start with the Sonos playbar.
Thanks Chris one more question I have sonos play 1 bought recently can I make make stereo pair with play - 1 gerenation 1?whats the difference between play 1 generation 1 and 2? Is there any ?
There has only ever been one generation of Play 1