Answered

Sonos Connect + Sony STR-DH790 AVR?

• 30 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello Sonos Community!

I have a Sony STR-DH790 multi channel AVR powering 7 built in wired speakers in my family room. I want to extend the same music/sound outdoors to play simultaneously, but don’t yet have an outdoor system. Do Sonos wireless audio solutions allow for this type of connectivity to an existing AVR? If so, what do I need to make this work?
icon

Best answer by quintanarra 30 December 2018, 16:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Not sure exactly what you are asking. I have a sonos:connect in my living room, hooked up to my Denon receiver through an optical cable, which allows great sound output as multichannel stereo. My living room has access to a small terrace, in summer time I hook up an additional output (rca) to some powered speakers to extend the sound, only issue is to power on/off the speakers which I do with a smartplug. This work nice for me since I only use the outdoor sound a couple of months per year, but I could easily place a sonos:1 speaker outside.
Some years ago I used a connect:amp (actually a zp100) in the living room to which I hooked up 2 pairs of passive bookshelp speakers. Setup is flexible and depends on your usage.