Sonos:Connect - Digital Input

• 25 November 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
I'm in love with my current SONOS setup, but there is still one device I'd love to connect to my system: my pc. I've tried a Connect to play sound attached to a video (for example from Youtube) through my speakers and while it works, there is a noticable delay (even with all the help settings).

If I try the same thing with my Playbar, it works perfectly thanks to the digital input.

Isn't it time to release a Connect 2.0? All digital? You have the technology (as proven by the Playbar), it shouldn't be too much problems to put it all together in a new Connect.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I have a slightly different bent on this request.

One of the benefits of Sonos is having a high quality DAC that converts digital music files into the analog signal that plays through the system. If I pair Sonos with my AirPort Express to play other sources, I have to rely on the poor quality DAC in the AirPort Express. Adding a digital input allows Sonos to handle the digital-to-analog conversion from all sources. I would really like to see this built into the Bridge to make that component more useful and the feature ubiquitous.

Make it happen Sonos!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
So sorry if this seems too naive, but I'm a beginner on the Sonos universe, but here it goes:

When using the Playbar's digital input, there will be no latency delay with the sound?

If one is watching a video and uses a Playbar, there would be perfect synchronised sound and picture video between the two devices?
You're hitting every thread related to digital input, which is starting to qualify as spamming. I already answered that question elsewhere.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Ouch... NOT intended, please!

I'm just someone who is looking for answers! I came to these threads using Google search and I'm not posting advertising or similar junk!

All my messages are sincere, but if that is against the forum rules, I apologise.

(The digital world really is a somehow sharp place to be...)
Fair enough. Opening a new question thread of your own would perhaps have been a good idea, or simply sticking one query on the end of a recent related thread. Awakening a lot of dead threads (this one was 2 years old) with the same type of query is regarded as poor netiquette.