Sonos component drops

• 17 March 2013
  • 5 replies

My sonos play 3 component keeps dropping, require us to restart any controller and re added the component. The configuration has worked well since installation about a year ago. We've had no updates to our configuration or network other than the sonos updates. Our configuration is a bridge connected to a bthomehub router, and a play3 connected wirelessly. Our controllers are on a windows, iPad and android devices.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello User573644, Sounds like you maybe experiencing wifi distortion with your Sonos system. If you have set the wireless channel on your Router we need to get a diagnostic per channel option in Sonos. It is important to keep the router and sonos channels apart, so if Sonos is at 1, the router should be at 6 or 11. And if Sonos is at 11 the Router should be at 1 or 6. And your Sonos Bridge should be 1 meter away from your BT HomeHub. For each channel, please wait 5 minutes and then submit a diagnostic of your Sonos system and then reply to this thread with the three different diagnostic numbers. Here is a link showing you how to submit a diagnostic https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142/kw/diagnostic To change to the wireless channel go to: If you are using the Sonos CONTROL, please follow the steps below: 1. Press the Music button to go the Music Menu. 2. Select System Settings -> Advanced Settings. 3. Select Wireless Channel to change channels. If you are using the Sonos Controller for PC or MAC, please follow the steps below: 1. Select File -> Preferences  (Sonos -> Preferences on the Macintosh). 2. Go to the Advanced tab 3. Select Wireless Channel to change channels. Thank you Max P.
In typical fashion, I'm yet to recreate the problem. However, After submitting the report I did turn off the play 3 system andturned it back on. It seems to have done the trick. As a result, I'm note sure that wifi interference is the real problem. It might initiate it but once the event occurs play 3 needs to be reset which suggests to me that there's some memory corruption.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello User645715, When submitting a diagnostic it's important to give us the confirmation number. And seen that I could not review your diagnostics I can't confirm which channel is best for your Sonos system. Happy to hear you are enjoying your Sonos. Thank you Max P.
I had a similar problem; had never had it before. I changed the channel to 11 from 6 (on Mac, it's not under the file menu (no such thing) but under sonos/preferences/advanced. I'm guessing the problem is a new neighbor or something. I'm writing this reply because there are several threads that report similar problems and the solutions often mention many other more complicated interventions. I'm glad I stumbled on this before trying all the button pressing and diagnostic reports. Thanks, Mike
Badge
im getting the same issues sonos needs to fix. i was told by sonos tech that alexa , by adding it to sonos is causing the issues