Sonos Beam HDMI idea

• 4 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
The Sonos Beam doesn't just receive HDMI signals, but sends them out too. This is evident by the fact if you select your source to the HDMI ARC connection the Beam is using, you get pre-designed patterns being sent as video to your TV.

What if Sonos could update the speaker to display music covers, music videos, music details like; time, title, artist etc.?

Short and sweet, but I think that would be awesome.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
The Sonos Beam doesn't just receive HDMI signals, but sends them out too. This is evident by the fact if you select your source to the HDMI ARC connection the Beam is using, you get pre-designed patterns being sent as video to your TV.

What if Sonos could update the speaker to display music covers, music videos, music details like; time, title, artist etc.?

Short and sweet, but I think that would be awesome.

If you have an Apple TV, download an app called "TunesMap".
Userlevel 4
Would be nice at a party if it did

If my suggestion becomes true, the visualiser could be done in-house on the speaker and sent as a video feed to the TV. But knowing Sonos, an audio visualiser isn't realistic haha.
Would be nice at a party if it did
Userlevel 4
If playing music on the Sonos Beam, does it send the audio back down the HDMI-ARC. That way you could then run a music visualiser such as projectm app on an Android TV?

Unfortunately not, it just sends looping patterns as video with no audio to the TV.
If playing music on the Sonos Beam, does it send the audio back down the HDMI-ARC. That way you could then run a music visualiser such as projectm app on an Android TV?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Jack, we'll pass along the suggestion for you! Thanks for asking.