Sonos Beam as rear speaker

• 19 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Possible to use Beam as a rear speakers? Benq Projector is placed rear in my room, don't want to wire cable to front of the room.

(Beam as rear speakers wired to Benq W2000. Wireless to front there is a SUB and two play:1)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would forget that idea if were you. You might google 'wireless HDMI'
I would forget that idea if were you. You might google 'wireless HDMI'
So, wireless HDMI device behind the beam in front? Transmitting wirelessy to my HDMI Switch in rear?

My local store strongly recommended if using a Sonos, I need a optical cable wired from rear to front to get a minimal wire setting up compared to a good audio. Then I could place a Beam in front and rest of the room wireless sonos.

Or how would you solve this situation?
What sources are you looking to play? You really cannot have the Beam behind you. Imagine watching people talking with the dialogue coming from behind you. Just weird. What I am suggesting is that to avoid a cable from front to back of room, you would have to consider sending the video from source to projector via wireless HDMI.