Sonos app only plays part of song in Spotify?

• 3 January 2015
  • 8 replies

Bought a Sonos Play 1 today, awesome except that when playing Spotify through the Sonos app it only plays a little bit of the song then stops.  If I play a song through my iPhone or put a radio station on it plays without a problem.  Spotify songs only play a small portion then stops....?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Try removing the service and then re-add it. If this still happens, submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Try removing the service and then re-add it. If this still happens, submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number.

Hi, what will help with removing and re-adding service?
What is the philosophy behind this? Just like the IT Crowd? is the power cord connected? Is the PC switched on? Yes that button...
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey camillo, are you having any trouble with other online sources? If yes, see how your network performs in a speedtest and pingtest. If it all appears fine and you're still having problems with Spotify on Sonos let me know.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Camillo777, if you only knew how many times it's just the cord... or the paper outage... or "ooh, that button that sais ON"...
Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I would be interested to hear from the user if the problem was solved and how.
spotify on sonos plays for 10-15 seconds then stops . diagnostic is 173127562 - everything was fine until i updated the app as suggested by sonos last night, and now this happens- rebooted sonos connect, removed spotify from music services then readded, and rebooted wifi. nothing working
Hey there, moskjeff. Thanks for posting your diagnostic report. Based on the report you submitted, it seems there are a number of errors regarding how Sonos is receiving data on your local network.

At this point, it's best to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time with the help of a remote session. Thanks!