Answered

Sonos app on iOS loses speakers

The Sonos S2 app loses access to my wireless speakers. Rebooting the router works, however, using the app the next day all access to the speakers is lost and I have to reboot the router again. The only things that have changed recently is that I have moved to Sonos S2 app and have upgraded to iOS14.4 (and yesterday to iOS14.5). The version of the S2 app is 13.0.5, build 62.1.88070. The problem only started happeningwithin the last week, which is when 13.0.5 was installed.

icon

Best answer by James L. 28 April 2021, 15:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Mareku,

I noticed from your forum profile that you’re in the UK. Do you happen to have a BT Smart Hub 2 router? If so, please have a read of this article.

Hi Mareku

i notice the official reply has mentioned your router, which ever this tech muppet is seemed to neglect to mention……. THE REST OF THE WORLD IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM….SONOS have been trying to rectify this software Problem for well over a week now.

I THINK IS DISGUSTING TO WASTE CUSTOMERS TIME BLAGGING THEM WITH ‘fixes’ that are not going to work

Badge +17

Hi Mareku

i notice the official reply has mentioned your router, which ever this tech muppet is seemed to neglect to mention……. THE REST OF THE WORLD IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM….SONOS have been trying to rectify this software Problem for well over a week now.

I THINK IS DISGUSTING TO WASTE CUSTOMERS TIME BLAGGING THEM WITH ‘fixes’ that are not going to work

Hi @dcbrannan,

I’m not really sure what you’re talking about here. The BT Hub issue has been acknowledged by BT as a problem with their firmware and affects many devices on those networks, not just Sonos. If the rest of the world who are not using BT Smart Hub 2 routers was having connection issues this community would be flooded with millions of posts around it, and since it’s not, you should be able to tell that the vast majority of systems are working fine. If you are having issues, and it’s not with a BT Smart Hub 2, then you should get in touch with our customer care team to work them out, or have a look at our FAQ on troubleshooting connection problems. Also, I’m not sure who you’re calling a tech muppet, but that’s no way to ask for help with your system, if you actually need it that is. :slight_smile:

Hi James

please set aside a lot of time to scroll down this with the same complaint 

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/sonos/

they’re not on the sonos forum because it’s not quick and easy to access.

After an extensive waste of time running thru the tech help  sonos bot it finally put me thru to a sonos real person who informed me that this widely known issue is being worked on to resolve the issue.

oh and when you run thru the thread you see a common topic -‘they told me it was my hardware’……… as you seem to suggest..:…..and I’m not of BT hub. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi James

please set aside a lot of time to scroll down this with the same complaint 

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/sonos/

they’re not on the sonos forum because it’s not quick and easy to access.

After an extensive waste of time running thru the tech help  sonos bot it finally put me thru to a sonos real person who informed me that this widely known issue is being worked on to resolve the issue.

oh and when you run thru the thread you see a common topic -‘they told me it was my hardware’……… as you seem to suggest..:…..and I’m not of BT hub. 

What has the availability of the Sonos web site got to do with the OPs local network issues? Nothing at all. We all know that BT’s router is majorly challenged right now, and the OP is in the UK so is highly likely to be hitting that issue. BT have promised a fix in 4-5 weeks due to the sheer number of customers using this POS router.

Meanwhile whatever your problem is, it is not related to BT, and is certainly isn’t related to the alleged availability issue of the Sonos web site.

Since one of the recent iOS updates, (currently on 14.5.1), the Sonos 2 app has been frequently losing my system and I get a  ‘can’t connect … let’s fix it ‘ wizard. (When I say frequent I mean pretty much every time I turned the app on.) so I followed the wizard, turn my speakers off and On, reboot my router, and that sometimes fixed it, but not for long. Luckily, I could still play music though via voice control (Alexa) but very frustrating! Anyway, then I read somewhere that your iPhone has a privacy setting when it connects to your Wi-fi, and this seems to mess up the Sonos connection. See settings/Wi-fi/ click on ‘I’ beside your home internet/ unclick private address…. And all of a sudden Sonos app connects again!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Since one of the recent iOS updates, (currently on 14.5.1), the Sonos 2 app has been frequently losing my system and I get a  ‘can’t connect … let’s fix it ‘ wizard. (When I say frequent I mean pretty much every time I turned the app on.) so I followed the wizard, turn my speakers off and On, reboot my router, and that sometimes fixed it, but not for long. Luckily, I could still play music though via voice control (Alexa) but very frustrating! Anyway, then I read somewhere that your iPhone has a privacy setting when it connects to your Wi-fi, and this seems to mess up the Sonos connection. See settings/Wi-fi/ click on ‘I’ beside your home internet/ unclick private address…. And all of a sudden Sonos app connects again!!! 

Please, for the love of God, go read the pinned post about Smart Hub 2 routers. Or the Best Answer on this very thread. You are in the UK, so there is a 90% chance your issue is due to your crappy BT router, and nothing to do with any Sonos app update.

I am in the US.  My system has been unusable for the last 4 days.  It will not connect, no many how many times i go through support steps and  unplug my router and my 6 Sonos speakers and waste 30 minutes.  The only change to my system is the update to latest iOS on my phone and to 13.0.5 for Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I am in the US.  My system has been unusable for the last 4 days.  It will not connect, no many how many times i go through support steps and  unplug my router and my 6 Sonos speakers and waste 30 minutes.  The only change to my system is the update to latest iOS on my phone and to 13.0.5 for Sonos.

You clearly have a different problem to the OP. Please create a new thread, and tell us what router you are using (hopefully not an ASUS).

Genius, thanks first time fix :-)