Answered

SONOS ALEXA Integration?

Userlevel 3
Badge
Been waiting to hear news about when this will happen and am starting to think it never will. I have Sonos and Alexa in every room. I did this with the assurance that Sonos and Alexa are going to work together. There has been next to no news regarding integration for the past 6 months.... When can we expect to hear about Sonos and Alexa integration? Is it still happening? Please any update would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 31 August 2017, 23:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

267 replies

Sigh.
ahh..it doesnt support Spotify and the Alexa device's audio does not come out of the speaker. So I have a great speaker but cant listen to an audiobook. Shame.
Someone needs to read the release announcements.
I did not receive any release announcements via email. Nor did my Sonos app auto update or advise there was an update.
So, i have sonos and echo dot in most rooms. But when i say 'alexa play abc radio 2 in the living room' it still just plays through the dot in the living room, or says living room is not responding - is this something to do with the fact that the dot has the same name as the sonos speaker ir 'living room' - also can't believe that after waiting soooooooo long, still can't use it to play spotify !!!
Yes, the same name can cause a mixup.
I was just about to sell my Alexa (clever kit, but over hyped and bit useless) then the wireless integration comes along. Excellent news. It then transpires i can play the radio and adjust the volume but the integration is fairly useless i would say as alexa doesn't recognise my playlists or music. Please Pull your out finger sonos. If i can access my libraries from my iphone why not via alexa?? Your tech is so great and you would sell more with better integrations i'm sure. Why are we still waiting for audible books vis amazon. Hire some more programmers!
Sigh.
What's your issue jgate? We are not all tech geeks. It was a fair question from a customer who has purchased a shit load of sonos gear.

I think the Alexa/sonos integration marketing is big on what you can do and minimal on what it can't do.
What's your issue jgate? We are not all tech geeks. It was a fair question from a customer who has purchased a shit load of sonos gear.

I think the Alexa/sonos integration marketing is big on what you can do and minimal on what it can't do.

My sigh was due to the fact you are posting this in multiple threads. My answer to you is in the other thread. Sorry I don't feel the need to cut-and-paste everywhere someone chooses to multiple post the same thing over and over.
I’m unable to stop Sonos from Alexa using “stop” like I have always done with Alexa directly
I’m unable to stop Sonos from Alexa using “stop” like I have always done with Alexa directly

You have to specify the room.

You have to specify the room.

We did, we even noticed the Sonos would pause/lower volume when we spoke but wouldn’t actually stop the Sonos. Also tried saying the room both before and again after. Eventually stopped the Sonos from the Sonos app
Check the Alexa app to see if there are any smart devices with duplicate names. If you find any, rename to something unique and the tell Alexa to rediscover devices.
Check the Alexa app to see if there are any smart devices with duplicate names. If you find any, rename to something unique and the tell Alexa to rediscover devices.

That was it
Glad to help!