Answered

Sonos alarm plays chime instead of music? Bug?

• 18 March 2018
  • 3 replies

I have set up several Sonos alarms to play automatically music at certain times of the day. I have been using this for a while now and it works great until recently. Certain alarms instead of playing the music selection specified in the settings will play the Sonos alarm. This happen on alarms where the duration is set to "no limit" and snooze alerts is selected. I am not sure why but it's annoying as heck!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 27 March 2018, 00:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi there, Missawn. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Typically, when an alarm defaults to the Sonos Chime, it's because it cannot access the music that has been set for that alarm. Normally this can be due to interference, but we will need to take a closer look. Could you please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end? I'll be happy to take a look and advise on next steps.
Diagnostic # 1981084266.
Thanks. The report shows that all of your Sonos units are experiencing a large amount of physical electronic interference. This is normally caused by the immediate surrounds of the players and large electronic devices. Can you describe the immediate location around the living room speakers?

Additionally, if you'd like to troubleshoot this in real time, please do not hesitate to give our support technicians a call. Thanks again!