Question

Songs Skipping

• 17 February 2018
  • 7 replies

Add me to the list of people having problems with songs skipping. I'm running a pair of Sonos Ones in stereo mode and the speakers are only 15 feet away from my router. I've gone through the standard wifi troubleshooting and don't know what else to do.

I submitted a diagnostic: 8502972

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Similar problem here. Sonos is skipping songs before they finish but almost every time it's to the previously played song. And if I ask Sonos to skip it simply restarts the current song.

Likewise, I am having the same problem with my new pair on Sonos Ones (not in a stereo pair). I've played around with the wifi channel settings on the router and have settled as channel 1 as the least congested of the ones recommended by Sonos.

Songs will randomly sikip ahead to the next track.

My diagnostic ID is 8507680. Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Badge
I used to have these issues myself but no longer
Step one make sure you got perfect Wi-Fi and strong signal around the house and beyond
Step two make sure one of the speakers is connected to the Internet by RJ 45
Step three put music on the national drive connected via the Internet which runs continuously suggestion WD my cloud
Step four signing address to My Cloud for Sonos
Once that is done you should have no problems
Good luck and all the best 😃
Thanks for the tips Mark. Glad to hear you were able to get around these issues.

Unfortunately, the solutions you suggest aren't really options for me. My 5 ghz wifi signal is fantastic and works great for streaming movies, etc., but the 2.4 ghz channel usually has some interference from the other houses around me. Since Sonos is 2.4ghz only, I don't really have a good choice. I've tried optimizing the channel (using WiFi explorer to hunt for the best channel) but none of the Sonos channels are clean enough to work reliably.

RJ 45 also isn't an option. If I have to hard-wire the speakers then there's not much point in paying for the Sonos setup. I have better wired options already.

It's too bad that these speakers seem to be so sensitive to Wifi interference. I just don't get how it's possible for me to stream HD video all over the house without a hiccup, but streaming music can't work? That doesn't make sense.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Sorry that you’re having so much trouble your home Wi-Fi network must be in tiptop condition to receive Wi-Fi everywhere around the house

You only need to RJ 45 one speaker only as this will set up its own network of Wi-Fi fulsomeness

Please give this ago
Mark,

Thanks. I have been running your recommended setup for a couple of days now. It's better, but still some skips with Internet streaming. Local music works fine. I do miss the stereo pair. I'm thinking maybe a Boost setup will help with my wireless situation?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi Jazstrew
Glad it is working for you
the next bit maybe a little bit costly
Myself I am running Wi-Fi repeaters at home I have tried many solutions and this is the best one
Ubiquiti unifi ap ca pro wi-Fi repeaters two of these either side of the house To drive out other peoples wi-Fi networks
Your Wi-Fi network must be seamless without constantly logging in

And also I put all my music onto Western Digital my cloud which runs 24/7