So the Roam is complete garbage

• 26 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Obviously got a Roam today and got to work for about 10 mins and then quickly descended to sadness and cannot wait until tomorrow to return this defective piece of garbage. 

wifi worked

bt worked

then sudden horrendous noise (like cd skipping but louder).

hard shutdown

reconnect 

noise came back

repeat shutdown

Factory reset

again reconnected

Nothing worked

now the current state is the roam it is not powering up at all even after charging most of the day. Just an amber light that fades out when holding the power button unplugged.

plugged in it does nothing not even the amber light.

I calling this product an epic fail and returning ASAP.

too bad I like the other Sonos stuff we have…..the controller software sucks but that’s another time. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7

It sounds like the Roam may not be charging properly. How exactly are you charging the Roam? Sonos recommends using a 5V/2A (10W) USB power adapter. Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/5078?language=en_US

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Sorry to hear of your problem…..I’d certainly not give up so quickly….My Roam has been a pleasure and is one of the first units…..A fabulous little speaker(that sounds big).

Good luck

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yep, piece of crap; Mine works really bad with voice assistants and wi-Fi connection is very unstable failing  regularly. 
I’ll return it to never buy Sonos again, defective speakers and Sonos  just keeps blaming the network as the main problem of all  in stead of fixing all its software glitches