Answered

Skipping songs, stopping streams across all Sonos 1 and 3 devices...

• 21 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Over the last few months we have been having drops in stream and skipping on songs every time we listen. We mostly listen to Pandora and Spotify.

Submitted Diagnostic 569733989

Speed test shows:
Download=87.80 Mbps
Upload=91.61 Mbps

Please help.

db
icon

Best answer by Keith N 23 March 2018, 21:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
HI there, Dan Brown_1. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Based on the diagnostic report it seems you have Sonos configured for a wireless connection, but you have a number of wireless extenders that all function on different channels. This can cause a number of problems including what you describe. Could you tell us a little more about your local network setup? Do you have any switches or Ethernet ports available to plug Sonos into the network directly? The more details we have, the better we can assist.
I’m having a similar problem, I stream music from a cocktail audio system, it will play a song then stop half way through they are mostly MP3 songs this happens continuously, this morning I’ve not been able to listen to 1 whole song. Terry
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I’m having a similar problem, I stream music from a cocktail audio system, it will play a song then stop half way through they are mostly MP3 songs this happens continuously, this morning I’ve not been able to listen to 1 whole song. Terry

Hi Terry,

Thanks for reaching out. It'd be helpful to see a report from your system after this happens. Please submit a diagnostic report then reply here with the confirmation number.
I had similar problem of it skipping tracks when using my iPhone. It turned out that an old Apple TV was still connected and on standby elsewhere in the house. Disconnecting the Apple TV from the mains solved the problem.