Answered

SiriusXM - Downloaded Content

• 26 December 2013
  • 9 replies

Is there anyway to listen to radio shows I downloaded through the SiriusXM app through the Sonos app?
Let me explain, SiriusXM lets you download some of the radio shows through their app and then you can play them back only within their app but I don't see anywhere in the Sonos app that lets me access those files in the SiriusXM section.
Any help would be great.

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 1 February 2019, 19:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

No, and although people have been asking Sonos to add this technology for years, Sonos has done nothing.
Badge +1
SAME
Please add this... if I was able to use my Sonos just like regular bluetooth speakers I use with my iphone (Tivoli) it wouldnt be an issue but I can't, I have to use the Sonos App and Sirius through the App. I REALLY want to listen to the shows I downloaded through the App. Please ADD THIS FEATURE
I agree. Love Sonos up to its limitations. Too bad too, my son likes them but is buying Bose next week ONLY because of this limitation.
Badge +1
someone recently asked me about my Sonos and I told them to be aware because of this feature and the fact that the Connect is super expensive.
I can live without downloaded content, but what about on demand. That is the way of the world. Sonos told me "I will be happy to add is a request to have these features added. I am not aware of anything that is currently being worked on." Unfortunately they are non-responsive to customer needs/requests. It is certainly achievable, just no interest in solving a problem that will push people to competitors products. This has been asked for for YEARS.
Badge +1
Checking in on this topic.. @sonos is this going to be added anytime soon?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, thecaretaker. The music services and methods you use to access audio content on Sonos is determined by the music service provider themselves. While we can have our teams notified about requests like this, it normally requires a push from the SiriusXM side of the equation.

At the moment, there is no update on bringing downloadable content from SiriusXM to Sonos. Thanks for checking in!
Badge +1
Thanks - but cant you as a company tell them that this feature is requested by many people who have purchased Sonos? The communication between the companies can just help you each sell more products. I will request directly through them as well. One cant assume they know this is something they should update especially if a company doesnt tell them directly.
Badge +1
If you have an iPhone and recent Sonos device, can you simply use AirPlay to direct output from the Sirius app? I see my Sonos devices from my phone but never tried what you need.