serial number

• 25 May 2020
  • 7 replies

How do you interpret serial numbers on a Connect to see if will be upgradable to S2, also S15 has no serial number on bottom?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

toothwiz,

If a device is registered to your Sonos account (or someone else's account) and the owner goes to the link below and logs in with the correct credentials, it will show in the system tab if it’s either Legacy of Modern.

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system

As for the serial numbers, my understanding is if the number begins 1504 (just as an example), that means the device was manufactured April 2015.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Search the App Store for “s1 s2” and you’ll find my app that will tell you instantly the status of every device it finds on your network. It does this based on the guts of the device itself, not the serial number.

I’m looking to buy a Sonos Connect S15 and the serial number starts with “D101 1810C”. Any idea if this is S2 compatible? This isn’t the format I expected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I’m looking to buy a Sonos Connect S15 and the serial number starts with “D101 1810C”. Any idea if this is S2 compatible? This isn’t the format I expected.

The 1810 indicates it was made in October of 2018, well past the 2015 hardware change needed for S2. So you should be fine.

Thanks, Ryan. Worked out great.

Badge

Hello All,

I do have a SONOS connect and I cannot see if it is S2 compatible or not when I log in to my system :( please let me know how to check it for me?

Thank you.

Steeve L

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That picture says “Connect Sonos Sub” and the picture is a Connect, so not sure how much to trust it. You could install my app (see my profile) and see what it says about your hardware.