Answered

Separate Volume Control for Pair of Sonos Five and Beam

• 21 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

i am relatively new to Sonos and i bought pair of Sonos Five for stereo playing music and now i am about to purchase Beam for the TV sound.

Since the 3 devices are physically located in my living room, i would like to know if i can group them to synchronize music but keeping the Sonos Five pair as the main music playback source and the Beam to just support while playing music and if that is possible, can i control the volume separately between the pair of Fives from on side and the Beam on the other?

the reason is that i want to capitalize on the powerful bass and rich highs or the Fives while the Beam to just elevate the sound a little bit when i am hosting a house party for example. 

thanks in advance  

icon

Best answer by controlav 21 March 2021, 14:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you Group them then yes, each device has its own volume control.

If you Bond them however (to use the Fives as surrounds to the Beam) then no, you lose the individual volume control.

Thanks for your response. One more question if i may; can someone control which devise/pair is the main transmitter when play music in a bonded setup? Can i dictate that the fives are the main for example and not just surround speakers for the Beam?

It is dictated by what ‘speaker group’ or ‘room’ the stream is started from, then sends the signal to any ‘grouped’ rooms. In the rare case you have issues, it’s always best to start the stream from a wired device, and group the other speakers to that.