Question

seeing Sonos speakers on Spotify

• 31 August 2019
  • 4 replies

I play Spotify from my iPhone and have always had Sonos speakers showing as listening devices. But now they’ve vanished from the list. They still appear on my iPad and other family phones. Just mine has disappeared. Any ideas?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Initially I thought the ending of “on this phone” might be to blame, except you say it’s only your phone affected, but iPad is ok.

Are you using your phone just as controller via the app, and streaming Spotify as an enabled music service?
Hi. I’m using my iPhone with Spotify. I usually see the Sonos speakers but now don’t.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
I think there's a report fault at the moment.
Badge +2
I play Spotify from my iPhone and have always had Sonos speakers showing as listening devices. But now they’ve vanished from the list. They still appear on my iPad and other family phones. Just mine has disappeared. Any ideas?
I have had this issue for a few months now. Initially i was using a BT Smarthub router which was causing an issue with the "Smart Setup" enabled. I disabled this and it worked for a while but then they disappeared again. I have since swapped the router for 2 other ones (Asus and now Google Wi-Fi and the problem still exists. I also tried uninstalling the Spotify App and that worked for a day and then they all disappeared again.

Interestingly all my Alexa devices and Google Mini are always there so it is only Sonos devices that don't appear. If i use an Alexa speaker to ask a Sonos device to play Spotify music, it works and then the speaker shows up for a short time.

One question for you, are you using SonosNET with a bridge or speaker plugged into your router via Ethernet or are all your speakers on your home Wi-Fi network? If they are using SonosNET can you try and unplug the Ethernet cable and connect the Sonos to your Wi-Fi and see if this makes a difference?