Safety issues with too many speakers?

Userlevel 2
I have a pre-existing wholehouse network of 10 pairs of in-ceiling speakers (with individual volume controls). I recently connected them all to the Connect AMP and they all seem to be powered and working properly. Of course they all have to share the one selected source but for my house it is fine. My question is whether there are safety issues with the speakers all powered by one AMP CONNECT? not sure what types of speakers they are but I think they are 8" standard round in ceiling speakers. thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 1
not sure what types of speakers they are but I think they are 8" standard round in ceiling speakers. thanks

There's no such thing as a "standard" speaker. If they're attached to impedance matching volume controls then you're probably ok. If not I'm surprised the Connect:Amp has lasted this long.
radpath,

If Connect:Amp gets distressed it will protect itself by first reducing volume and then by muting. This would be accompanied by an amber status LED.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings