Question

Room size

• 5 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Which size speaker for small rooms

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

PLAY:5, PLAY:3 or PLAY:1s would all work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm really happy with a Play 3 in a 10x10 foot room, plenty of sound and easy to tuck out of the way. I've listened to Play 1s and they aren't bad but for a single speaker setup I'd go with the Play 3.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I think if it's for a small room then a pair of Play 1's would be your best option.

They're small enough to not look out of place and in my Kitchen/Dining ( approx 20ft x 11ft ) room the white Play 1's with their white/silver colour blend in really well with the room and aren't very noticeable at all but still plenty loud enough for me.

I guess it depends on the kind of volume and bass you want.

With a pair of Play 1's you'll have much greater choice with speaker placement and improved stereo sound, although I admit you also need to mains sockets close to the speaker positions.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
As a general guideline, I'd recommend paired Play 1s over a single Play 3. I think the listening experience is upgraded more by the second speaker. The Play1s will be $100 more though.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Pair of Play:1s.