Answered

Roam - Wifi to bluetooth, and back again!

• 16 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi All

Love my system (WD NAS, 4 x Play 1, Playbase, Sub, one of those IKEA ones and soon to be Roam), but not the most tech savvy!

Current system components are in fixed locations and named so e.g Lounge, Kitchen etc

When the Roam arrives, it will live in a Spare Bedroom, so when set up it will be named that. When i take it out into the garden or somewhere else and leave my wifi network, will it still be listed as a component in my system? And when it goes back on to the network, will it automatically recognise it and name it as previously e.g Spare Bedroom?

Thanks, and sorry for being a techno-pleb!

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 16 March 2021, 22:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The Roam will appear as “Offline” in the Sonos app when it is in Bluetooth mode, turned off or asleep, or when it is out of range of the Wi-Fi network. When it is back on the Wi-Fi network and not in Bluetooth mode, it will automatically be recognized again in the Sonos app as “Spare Bedroom”.

@GuitarSuperstar the Roam will actually still be controllable on the Sonos app whenever it is awake and in wifi range, even when in Bluetooth mode. Different from the Move. This is how it will share Bluetooth audio with the rest of your Sonos system.

Awesome, thanks guys!