Answered

Roam turns on randomly

• 17 December 2021
  • 1 reply

So i have seen the explanation about the Roam turning itself on but i don't understand the logic around why it turns on when the sonos app has NOT been opened or used. every time i go to use the speaker the battery is dead. I recently charged it and watched. No Use on any other device and no use of the app and still it turns on and stays on. This is a major flaw and has zero logic around it. has anyone been able to prevent this? leaving it plugged in all the time seems like a stupid solution.  

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 December 2021, 16:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

You aren’t turning off the Roam completely. You are just putting it in standby/sleep mode which allows the battery to continue to drain. To power off the Roam completely, press and hold the button on the back for about five seconds until you hear a descending chime. When the Roam is completely powered off, it should only lose about 1% of battery charge per day.

You can also enable the Battery Saver mode which will automatically shut the Roam off after being idle for 30 minutes.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/5085?language=en_US