Answered

Roam stereo pair disconnect fix coming?

• 6 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Is there a workaround or a software fix coming to prevent Roam speakers from automatically unpairing stereo mode when completely powered off (which you must do to preserve battery life)?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 June 2021, 23:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

An obvious quick ‘workaround’ for Home use is fairly straightforward …and that is to just leave them on a Qi, or other charger, so that they don’t sleep and always remain both ‘paired’ and ‘charged’.

HTH

Travel, with power turned off, still requires pairing the speakers anew at your new location. My Ultimate Ears Boom 2 Bluetooth speakers automatically “double up” on a full restart after the initial pairing. Seems like a software update could provide a “lock” pairing option. But I don’t really know. 

Yes, an update like that would be helpful, but Sonos rarely publish their development roadmap.

I currently opt to ‘group/ungroup’ my two Roams here, rather than ‘pair’ them, as that can by quickly done with a longer press (2nd beep) on the Play/Pause button from either device.

Thanks. When you “group” two speakers in this fashion, does it make the pair “stereo”? 

I powered up both my speakers, pushed the play/pause button on one, and heard that second beep. All that did was transfer all audio from both speakers to that one speaker, and vice versa.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks. When you “group” two speakers in this fashion, does it make the pair “stereo”? 

I powered up both my speakers, pushed the play/pause button on one, and heard that second beep. All that did was transfer all audio from both speakers to that one speaker, and vice versa.

Am I missing something here?

They are just ‘grouped’ and both are playing the exact same L/R channels (mono) audio. 

It sounds like you are holding the Play/Pause button for too long and instead of ‘grouping’ the speakers to play the audio on both, you are SoundSwappping the audio.. (that’s one bleep too many). The button down is the first bleep (for normal play/pause of audio), the next bleep is the ‘Grouping/Ungrouping’ feature and the last bleep is ‘SoundSwap’. Once you get used to it, you will hopefully see it’s easy to use. Almost all other Sonos products have the grouping feature too using their Play/Pause button.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.