Answered

Roam - Sound Swap to play music from Bluetooth source

• 7 August 2021
  • 1 reply

A bit of preamble… I own a trio of Sonos One speakers and am considering buying a Sonos Roam.  After a recent move, I found myself with spotty Internet access.  I have a travel router that I use to make my own private WiFi network for my apartment, but it is not connected to the Internet (unless I turn my phone into a mobile hotspot).  Currently, if I want to use my Sonos system in this (admittedly janky) set-up, I need to use my phone as a hotspot - and even then there’s some lag time.

Enter the Sonos Roam.  Obviously, I can play music from my phone over the Roam via a bluetooth location.  What I want to know is, can I use the Roam’s Sound Swap feature to play music from my phone onto my entire Sonos system (assuming that my WiFi network is not connected to the Internet)?  Feel free to ask clarifying questions if I botched the description of my jury-rigged WiFi...

icon

Best answer by Xander P 9 August 2021, 09:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @SonoNeophyte, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sounds like you’re looking for the Bluetooth Line-In feature, which will indeed allow you to share the Bluetooth audio with your other Sonos speakers.

Sound swap is a different feature, new to Sonos with the Roam, which lets you “push/pull" audio from or to the Roam, from another speaker - you can find out more here about Sound Swap :)