Answered

Roam sleep am i being stupid?

• 6 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Have a whole home Sonos installation including one Sonos Move.

I've just added a Roam to use in my bathroom. It's off the charger and has gone to sleep, and appears that way in the app. 

Do I really have to hit a button on it to wake it up? Can't I wake it from the app like the Move?

(Slightly worried I've accidentally bought something I don't want)

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 July 2022, 20:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

If it is truly in sleep mode, you can wake it from the Sonos app. But if it has been shut off completely, you have to turn it back on manually by pressing the button on the Roam.

If you don’t want the Roam to shut off completely after 30 minutes of it being idle, make sure Battery Saver is disabled in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

If it is truly in sleep mode, you can wake it from the Sonos app. But if it has been shut off completely, you have to turn it back on manually by pressing the button on the Roam.

If you don’t want the Roam to shut off completely after 30 minutes of it being idle, make sure Battery Saver is disabled in the Sonos app.

Thank you!!!!

I knew nothing about battery saver mode. I probably just assumed it works like all my other Sonos products. No need to send it back after all.

How were you able to wake Roam via the app? If my roam goes to sleep (only sleep, no power-off), it appears “offline” in the app with no access to it whatsoever!!

How were you able to wake Roam via the app? If my roam goes to sleep (only sleep, no power-off), it appears “offline” in the app with no access to it whatsoever!!

Perhaps try this… with it’s battery saver switched off, let the Roam fall into sleep mode whilst off it’s charger (that’s usually around 30 minutes after it’s last activity), then when it’s asleep, simply open the Sonos App on the same LAN subnet and it should wake the speaker. 

It worked smoothly this time.. Thank you so much man

It worked smoothly this time.. Thank you so much man

Just a quick note too… If you want to save battery/charge-level  (whilst off it’s charger) then re-enable the Roams battery saver too... it only applies whilst off it’s charger obviously. It powers off the Roam fully, rather than leaving it in sleep mode.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I only use the Roam in the bathroom and only when I have a bath. For the last month or so I’ve been having showers so not used the Roam at all.

I always power the Roam down completely using the button and this time when I turned it on I was staggered to see that the Roam still had 100% battery. Has the Roam had an update to make it more battery efficient because I would have expected it to lost about 1% per day when turned off ?

I only use the Roam in the bathroom and only when I have a bath. For the last month or so I’ve been having showers so not used the Roam at all.

I always power the Roam down completely using the button and this time when I turned it on I was staggered to see that the Roam still had 100% battery. Has the Roam had an update to make it more battery efficient because I would have expected it to lost about 1% per day when turned off ?

Yes indeed, the charge-retention and battery life in general, seems to have been greatly improved since the Roam was first launched. It sounds great for its size too.👍

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Yes indeed, the charge-retention and battery life in general, seems to have been greatly improved since the Roam was first launched. It sounds great for its size too.👍

That’s great news, I used it for roughly an hour whilst in the bath and it only used 5% which is less than what it would use before.

For my bathroom, the Roam is brilliant. I agree that the sound is great considering the size of the speaker and now I’ve activated voice control on it, it’s everything I ever needed for that room.