Answered

ROAM PERMANTENTLY OFFLINE

• 2 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

my roam stopped working last night. it just says offline. i reset the speaker, re added it, it took a while to “connect” to my wifi, and still says offline.  nothing else in my house has an issue

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 August 2022, 22:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Is the Roam charged? Try to use a 5V/2A (10W) USB power adapter when charging the Roam.

Badge

its charged.  it was charged when it went offline.  has never been discharged since i bought it

Userlevel 7

Does the Sonos app still show the Roam as offline when the Roam is powered on? What color light do you see on the Roam after it has been powered on?

Have you tried rebooting your router and phone? If this doesn’t fix it, I would contact Sonos Support:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Badge

Does the Sonos app still show the Roam as offline when the Roam is powered on? What color light do you see on the Roam after it has been powered on?

Have you tried rebooting your router and phone? If this doesn’t fix it, I would contact Sonos Support:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

app says its offline, and the only option is a wrench that takes me to the website.

the light is white.  rebooted everything before i reset the speaker

Remove ROAM from the charger and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds, then release. This is a deeper reboot.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I’m desperate because my Roam has am issue with Airplay that I couldn’t fix, neither with factory resets, the issue is that as soon as I play Apple Music, the audio is continuously cutting  off just like a damaged  CD, and I don’t know how to fix it. I posted a question here in the community but it seems I’ve not received any reply, very desperate with my speaker! Actually, I’ve recorded video clips about the issue with my iPhone as an evidence because the problem with my speaker on Airplay  is very serious, as well as Alexa not being able to play anything when I ask her, answering with any error. Which person  from Sonos  can receive my bideo? The Sonos support doesn’t seems interested on help me to fix this, my Wifi network is pretty good, so I suspect my Roam has a firmware issue. Any help? Please.   

This is, for better or worse, a community site, and not a direct path to talk with Sonos support. Especially as most of the few Forum moderators tend not to be here on weekends, but even during the week are infrequently able to respond to direct support questions. Your best bet is to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.