Roam - insufficient power supply

• 6 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Just finished a software update to my Sonos Roam (second one I've had the first one died and had to be returned). I'm now getting a warning about "insufficient power supply" when charging.

The power supply I'm using meets the minimum requirements. So just for fun I took a 65W USB-C power supply for a laptop and plugged it in. Getting the same error.

Anyone else have this issue?

3 replies

No, but you ideally need a PD charger with 5V x (1.5 to 3A) power- output. So somewhere in the region of 7.5w to 15w. I would aim for between 10-15w.

I have two Roams here and both charge without any issues and I’ve not ever seen the warning you mention, probably because the chargers here are in the power-output range mentioned.

Badge

I used both a 10w charger and a 60w charger. Both created this error in the app. This shouldn't be hard. Prior to me updating the software today I hadn't seen this error either. Buggy software?

Interestingly after the device was charged to 40ish% the error has gone away.

This is my second Roam (the first stopped working), I'm a little wary of this product as it never has worked quite right. The rest of my Sonos products have worked flawlessly for the most part.

I’m seeing the same thing, just purchased it this last week. However it still charges fine.