Roam fluctuating battery level while plugged in with Sonos adapter

• 1 May 2021
  • 1 reply

I have left my Roam constantly plugged in using the original adapter from Sonos and the cable that was supplied with the speaker. What I find odd is that the battery level fluctuates from 97% to 100% even though I have never unplugged it. This never happens with my 18 month old Move - once sat on the dock and fully charged, it always stays at 100%.

Is this expected behaviour or could it be a fault? I am concerned as I don't want to unnecessarily degrade the Roam battery over time.

Thanks for any advice - would be great to know if there is anything "official" on this from Sonos. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

i notice this from time to time. I don’t think that this is anything significant. Battery charge level is estimated by a voltage measurement and this measurement is vulnerable to some manufacturing tolerances and temperature. A better indication of battery system health is the battery run time. For example, if one unit yields ten hours and the other only five hours, then there is an issue.