Answered

Roam charging time

• 17 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have a whole home Sonos system including two mobile players:  One Move and one Roam.  I use Sonos’s own charging bases to charge both of them.

The Move seems to recharge relatively quickly but the Roam seems to take FOREVER to recharge while it’s on its base.  Case in point:

Today I put the Roam on its charging base when it was reporting a battery level of 23%.  Two and a half hours later it is reporting 70% battery level.  Is this working as intended?

(The charger is plugged directly into a mains outlet using the Sonos supplied adapter).

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 July 2022, 17:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I find that charging a Roam via the USB C port is a lot quicker than using the Sonos charging base, and I have Roams using both charging types 

The Qi wireless charger operates around 5w power input so should take in the region of say 5+ hours to achieve full charge whereas the USB-C port operates around 10w power input and takes around 2-½+ hours, or thereabouts… that’s based on the Roams and Sonos chargers I have here. HTH

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

The Qi wireless charger operates around 5w power input so should take in the region of say 5+ hours to achieve full charge whereas the USB-C port operates around 10w power input and takes around 2-½+ hours, or thereabouts… that’s based on the Roams and Sonos chargers I have here. HTH

Thanks Ken

So, basically, yes.  2.5 hours to charge just under 50% is exactly in line with what you say.