Answered

Roam bluetooth unstable

• 9 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have an issue with bluetooth on my Sonos Roam. The connection is unstable. Even a short outage or slowdown of internet on your mobile phone terminate the bluetooth connection with Roam and switch it to wifi mode. Suprisingly it hapens also when I played music offline (downloaded to the phone). I have Move as well and tested both under the same conditions and haven't experienced such issues with Move. Looks like hardware button to switch between wifi and bluetooth at Move is worth.

Does anyone has the same experience and can advise please?

Thanks, Tomas

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 June 2021, 03:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try rebooting the Roam by following these instructions:

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.

Also reboot your phone.

Thank you, seems that BT connection is more stable now. I am still testing it.

I haven’t experienced such issue with Move anyhow. Maybe if the software keeps the BT session up until switched by user, not automatically if input signal is lost or slowed down… I don’t know, do we want too much from such small device?

I would think the challenge there would be against battery life, if the software were to keep the Bluetooth connection open when there’s no ongoing data.