Roam Bluetooth connection with ION premier record player

• 23 January 2022
  • 4 replies

I believe the Roam and the Record player connect - both displaying blue light BUT no sound emerges from the Roam speaker. Can/should this work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, it should work. Make sure the ION is actually paired with the Roam and not any other device.

Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the ION until it blinks to unpair it. Then reboot the Roam by following these steps:

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.

Move your phone or any other Bluetooth device away from the Roam. Then redo the Bluetooth pairing process on the Roam. When the blue light is blinking on the Roam, press the Bluetooth button on the ION to enable pairing. When both lights turn solid blue, they should be paired.

That’s very clear, thank you.

I have tried a few times and the Roam and the record player definitely connect but there;’s still nothing coming out of the Roam speaker.

The Roam speakers are fine with the SONOS system - I have a Move and a couple of SONOS 1 speakers

I haven’t tried the Move with Record player 

Very frustrating

Userlevel 7

After the pairing process is complete, try pressing the play button on the Roam or try pressing the Bluetooth button again on the ION. If this still doesn’t work, I would try pairing the ION with the Move.

So tried the fixes but no change.

Tried the Move - it connected but again no sound

Tried a cheap bluetooth speaker that someone gave me - and it connects and plays.

I’ve come to the conclusion that the SONOS version of the Bluetooth must be incompatible with the ION record player I bought. It was only £100 but it’s a disappointing.

Thanks for your help. I think I’m at a dead end.