Answered

Roam Battery Low audible warning

I’ve just purchased a Roam. Great sound. Unfortunately, it tells me battery is low and to charge with an audible noise, at whatever time day or night! How do I turn this feature OFF please? Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 June 2021, 23:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

I’m not sure I’ve experienced the audible noise before. At what battery percentage does the Roam play the noise?

And why not just charge it?

Not sure what percentage it was in. Middle of night, it started saying out loud ‘battery low, please recharge’ with a bleep. Woke me up so I might have misquoted it! Just don’t want that as a random alarm thanks

Userlevel 7

Not sure what percentage it was in. Middle of night, it started saying out loud ‘battery low, please recharge’ with a bleep. Woke me up so I might have misquoted it! Just don’t want that as a random alarm thanks

LOL. I’m pretty sure that voice didn’t come from the Roam. Check your other devices. It sounds like something a smoke detector would announce.

Ok. I had just hooked it up with Alexa that evening so will try resetting that. I couldn’t find anything on any other forums. Lol, maybe I dreamt it!? 🙈 thanks for prompt responses.

I’ve dreamt odder things, I’m ashamed to say. 

Bit of a stupid answer. With the battery drain issue you may as well charge it 24/7. The battery drains even when powered off and sometimes you get the low battery sound in the middle of the night and is very load which is what the person above was saying. 

Userlevel 7

Bit of a stupid answer. With the battery drain issue you may as well charge it 24/7. The battery drains even when powered off and sometimes you get the low battery sound in the middle of the night and is very load which is what the person above was saying. 

When completely powered off, the Roam should only lose 1%-2% of battery charge per day and should not play a low battery sound. How exactly are you turning off the Roam?

Hi,

yep, I’m turning it completely off. As in disappears from Sonos app too saying offline. Have been a Sonos user with lots of devices since 2009 and this Roam devices has been their worst product imo. 

you are right in that it loses 1-2% when powered off but the battery simply doesn’t last long even when playing. Turning off everything like Alexa integration makes a slight difference but not enough. It’s just a bad design flaw because I’m sure they would have sorted if it was a software issue. The power button design is really bad. I see many People don’t know if it’s on or off or goes into Bluetooth pair mode etc. 

Maybe they’ll fix it via a software update. Here’s hoping!

thanks

@mdevitt,

Your Roam should be giving you at least 10 hours of music playback at 50% volume from one full charge. Maybe discharge/charge the li-ion battery a couple of times between approx.15% and 85%+ and then see how long it plays for.