Roam Battery Life in Sleep Mode (4 days; not 10 days?)

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

So last night I charged my Roam to 100%.  I then unplugged it from the charger and it went into sleep mode.  Then I went to sleep.

When I woke up, with ZERO use of both the Roam and my Sonos system, the Roam battery was down to 91%.   

So this means it dropped almost 10% in roughly 8 hours.  Which would be, generously, -- roughly 25% over a 24 hour period.   Which means it would last only about 4 days in sleep mode.

Sonos says it should last 10 days in sleep mode.  Do I have a bad battery?  What are others seeing in this regard?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Hi caesar327, I don’t think that it’s a battery problem. My Roam drains the battery in sleep mode and mic disconnected also 10% in 8 hours !!
I’m very disappointed with this.

Userlevel 1

I'm only getting about 4-5 hrs on 50% vol and 3 days standby.

Contacted support and they suggested I ruturn for a refund and the possibly buy again in a few months when the issue is resolved and the speaker may be reduced in price!

Unbelievable! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Spewy Unbelievable indeed. If they carry on sending out that messaging, there will be a glut of refurbished Roams available any time soon!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Doesn't bode well for their Headphones if they ever appear..

I have been using my roam daily for 15 minutes. After use I turn if off by holding the power button for 3-5 sec until the LED goes off. After 3-4 days of this, my Roam LED turns orange indicating it needs to be charged. I am led to believe that there is significant battery drain even when Roam is poweredoff. Is anyone else having this issue?

Userlevel 1

I have been using my roam daily for 15 minutes. After use I turn if off by holding the power button for 3-5 sec until the LED goes off. After 3-4 days of this, my Roam LED turns orange indicating it needs to be charged. I am led to believe that there is significant battery drain even when Roam is poweredoff. Is anyone else having this issue?

Yes! And Sonos appears to be ignoring the problem! 

3 to 5 seconds isn’t turning it off, it’s putting it in Standby mode, where it’s still ‘looking’ for a new signal. I’m pretty sure you need to push the button for 10 seconds in order to turn off the Roam. 

Took my roam to the beach today. When I left home it was on the charger at 100%. Played it about 3 hours on %75 volume. Got home and plugged it back in… it was at 7% battery. 
not sure this is gonna work out well. That’s some crappy battery life. I mean it sounded great, but…

I checked the charge before putting the Roam to sleep and leaving the house for six hours. The charge had dropped 30%. I have to leave the Roam plugged in all the time so it’s ready to be used on the move.

What are the specs of the device you’re using to charge it, in terms of Volts and Amps?