Answered

Roam and bluetooth

• 19 June 2021
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Why is it such a d***dance to connect to everything.  I am $5K in to this product and love it after it takes an month to set it up.  

The Roam and trying to connect to bluetooth has ruined one raod trip hotel party and 2 golf games.  Stop trying to be cute and innovate and just do what every other speaker does on the market and connect to bluetooth with a simple button.  Seriously, its f*****g annoying how much work it takes to get your product to work.  I have bought everything in the line up and love the sound quality when it works but it is serioulsy a 12/10 on the D**dance scale to connect to it at any given time

Less getting cute on trying to get us to pay for radio stations and put all of the focus on R&D doing the simple things to make your premium priced speakers work without the hassle that you haven’t worked through 

If you have 5 pages of FAQ’s on how to solve problems then clearly you haven’t got there yourself

Be better please, I’m a huge fan and invested heavily

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 June 2021, 11:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Impossible to get the flashing blue light. Impossible. No matter how carefully, or how many times you follow the instructions exactly.

I have Sonos in almost every room in my house so I too was all in when the pre-order for the Roam came up. I am also finding it extremely frustrating when I have taken it out of my house and tried to use it via Bluetooth. Also, I find that the battery is almost always drained because it turns itself on randomly (It is not being selected by accident when I use other speakers in my house). 

It shouldn’t have to be such a pain in the ass to use given what I paid for it. I am basically reduced to using it in my bathroom because it won’t “Roam” anyplace else….that’s of course when it does not have a randomly dead battery. 

Impossible to get the flashing blue light. Impossible. No matter how carefully, or how many times you follow the instructions exactly.

Does the Roam work for you in the Sonos S2 App and can you play Sonos Radio to it?

Trying to BT a roam, followed all directions, i can get the chime but never the blue light. In addition it will not add to my S2 app AND every time I try it knocks my Amp off the system . I only want to use the Roam on trips with BT, but no joy on the blue light or adding it to my system! 

Trying to BT a roam, followed all directions, i can get the chime but never the blue light. In addition it will not add to my S2 app AND every time I try it knocks my Amp off the system . I only want to use the Roam on trips with BT, but no joy on the blue light or adding it to my system! 

You will need to get the Roam setup on S2 and registered to your online account first, then all should work. If you can explain what happens with the Roam setup and Amp etc; then perhaps myself, or other users here in the community, can maybe assist you to resolve the matter.

Ah please disregard my post above, I’ve just seen your ‘other’ post in this thread about you cabling the Roam to your router.

Userlevel 7

It’s not really that difficult if you follow these instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4989?language=en_US

What specific problems are you having when pairing a device via Bluetooth?