Question

Return gen 1 products & 30% off

• 23 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi guys,     Im in the process of a move.  These discontinued 5 speakers (qnty 2) and bridge I have are in storage while I'm working in another location.  Since I am in this in-between time of  my life with moving and storage, I have three questions...   1.  Can I get this 30% discount anytime this year for sure? (these products are in my account under this email)   2.  Do I have to take my speakers out of storage and recycle them now to get that 30% off?   3.  What do I need now in place of the Bridge I’ve been using?   Thanks, Rob

4 replies

Hi guys,     Im in the process of a move.  These discontinued 5 speakers (qnty 2) and bridge I have are in storage while I'm working in another location.  Since I am in this in-between time of  my life with moving and storage, I have three questions...   1.  Can I get this 30% discount anytime this year for sure? (these products are in my account under this email)   2.  Do I have to take my speakers out of storage and recycle them now to get that 30% off?   3.  What do I need now in place of the Bridge I’ve been using?   Thanks, Rob

It was announced the discount will be available at any time in the future.  You will need to connect them to your system before you recycle them, otherwise the recycle check box will be grayed out.  For the Bridge, you have 3 options:  Connect another Sonos device to your router, upgrade to a Boost, or convert to a Wireless Setup.

Thanks jgatie - can I ask what this means in your response, “Connect another Sonos device to your router”.  I have a Playbar and a Sub that are about 5 yrs old. I thought I needed a Bridge for those.  If that’s not the case, GREAT.  I prefer to not purchase a Boost if I can get away with it.

Thanks jgatie - can I ask what this means in your response, “Connect another Sonos device to your router”.  I have a Playbar and a Sub that are about 5 yrs old. I thought I needed a Bridge for those.  If that’s not the case, GREAT.  I prefer to not purchase a Boost if I can get away with it.

Sonos introduced WiFi Setup a few years back that allows you to connect directly to WiFi instead of needing a wired component.  So you can do that, or you can stay in Wired Setup by wiring one of your remaining units to the router.  See these links:

Choosing between a wireless and wired Sonos setup

Switch Sonos between a wireless and wired setup

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I’d not try connecting the Sub (or a surround) but go to a primary device like the PlayBar.