Answered

Resetting Sonos player to factory settings

• 29 September 2017
  • 7 replies

How can I reset my Sonos player and start again?
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 29 September 2017, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Google it. It's slightly different for different players.

But it's basically power off. Hold volume and pause button then switch on and hold for 15 seconds or so until you get a beep.

You will lose all your settings, playlists and music service settings
Thanks Stuart. My Sonos 5 doesn't appear to have a volume button just something on the back and a black button on the top that doubles as pause and play.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
PLAY:5 (gen2), BOOST, BRIDGE, SUB and PLAYBASE:

1.Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
2.Press and hold the Connect button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
3.Continue holding the Connect button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
I got it going. Of course, I did it the old fashion way.......my son came over and figured it out. He had to do a factory reset
Laugh. I salute you, Sghysets!
Hello I’m jack I have play 5 gen 2 is working in data cable but when unplug cable data is not working.
Thank you .
Hello I’m jack I have play 5 gen 2 is working in data cable but when unplug cable data is not working.
Thank you .
jackBachaalany,

Whilst your brief description above tends to perhaps suggest a WiFi hardware fault with your speaker ... assuming you have other Sonos speakers in your system, I was wondering if you had tried a hardware (factory) reset. If you do have other speakers you will not lose any information or settings by trying that... but if it’s your only speaker don’t try it at this stage, until speaking to Sonos Support.

Factory resetting a Sonos product

Secondly, if you do reset your speaker whilst it is cabled to your router and running on SonosNet (Boost Mode), you may need to enter your routers WiFi credentials in 'Advanced Settings/Wireless Setup' in the Sonos App before you uncable it. You might want to double check those wifi credentials are in place in the App, if running your system in 'standard setup mode'.

If the problem persists, then cable the speaker back to your router, ensure it shows up in your Sonos App and submit a diagnostic and post the unique reference back here, then one of the Sonos Support Staff may see this and look at the diagnostic to see if there are any faults with your device.

Submit System Diagnostics

Hope that helps...