Replacement for the play 3

• 5 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Hi there
i have a sub and 2 x play 5s and wanted play 3s but found out they had been discontinued but im looking for a couple of decent sounding speakers for the kitchen and the bedroom as i like my music and wondered if there was any news on a replacement of the play 3 as yet

I wish i had bought the 2 i saw at manchester airport 2 weeks ago now in the clearance sale dam it lol

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge
I would really like something more than the Play1s that I have, for several locations throughout my home. I am into quality sound and the Play1s sound good but there a little too small of sound for me... and to add Play 5s, in my Bathroom, doesn’t really make sense because of the size and the cost is too prohibitive. I also prefer stereo sound, so I setup every room with 2 speakers instead of 1. I would like to add slightly larger speakers such as the old Play3s for my rear surround sound areas and 2 for my bedroom, 2 for Bathroom and 2 for my Office. The Play1s or The PlayOnes are just not enough speaker for the quality I prefer. Like I said the Play1s do sound good but I would like to integrate Great instead of Good. Will you please make a Great Play3? Is this already in process?
There hasn't been any news that definitely says there will be a new version of the play:3. However, it could be that the announced ikea/Sonos partnership speakers could be a comprable replacement when they are released later this year. Not much info is out about it yet, but the prototype size is around the same as the play:3.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/18/18188661/sonos-ikea-symfonisk-smart-speaker-furniture
Badge
Sonos - Will you be producing another speaker like the Play3. I do want purchase something with better sound the Play1 and I would like to keep it all Sonos so I may be willing to wait although if you won’t be coming out with something similar to the Play3 then can still purchase the old Play3s? If the answer is no or not soon then can go elsewhere but I don’t want to. Please respond.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sonos - Will you be producing another speaker like the Play3. I do want purchase something with better sound the Play1 and I would like to keep it all Sonos so I may be willing to wait although if you won’t be coming out with something similar to the Play3 then can still purchase the old Play3s? If the answer is no or not soon then can go elsewhere but I don’t want to. Please respond.

Hi FlyLowJamzZ,

Thanks for reaching out. It's company policy not to comment of possible future products or features, so I can't speak to your question regarding the Play:3. But stay tuned, we always announce new products here as soon as we're able to.
Badge
Thanks Jeff for responding. I hope Sonos does come out with a new Play3. Are there any more of the older Play3s available?