Replacement cover for playbar

• 23 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Devastated to find that Sonos offer no repair path for my recently damaged playbar. The cover was damaged by one of my grandchildren. Really strange reply from customer support basically saying that they 'understand' my pain. I've spent over 2k with Sonos and feel a little stranded with their customer support. I see many other threads of a repair offering (at a cost obviously), so why am I being treated differently Sonos ?

Thank goodness other manufacturers don't have this 'anti-green throw it in the bin' policy.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There are NO threads where Sonos has offered a repair. Sonos DO offer customers refurbished units at significant discounts and I highly suggest you call support and explain your problem as I would expect that they would offer you a refurbished unit.

There are also threads where Sonos units discuss home repair of units but this is not something helped by Sonos.

You might explore your home insurance depending on what Sonos tell you when you call.
Thanks. Sorry, I did mean replacement as in equivalent to repair. I don't know why Sonos support didn't suggest that as an option. I'll contact them again.

The policy excess and subsequent increase in premium pretty much mean that I'd be better buying a second hand unit.

If anyone can suggest where to buy an equivalent mesh for the playbar, I may spend the time repairing it myself.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Is the speaker broken, meaning it no longer plays, or are you just talking about aesthetic damage? Just curious.
It's purely cosmetic, but as it's so prominent in the room, it's something we cannot live with.

I seen the 8 speaker multi-room system as something that would last a few years - like any purchase that costs a few thousand pounds. To learn that the manufacturer isn't really interested in long term support is a major disappointment and something I had not factored when I handed over my cash.

I cannot think of any other high value product that I've bought that couldn't be repaired. I'll be sure to add that point to my future checklist.
I've seen thse covers offered on the internet:

http://www.coloryoursound.com/speakers/playbar-speakers/coloryoursound-sonos-playbar-back-to-black.html

you can buy for ~ $60 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/ColorYourSound-Back-Black-Sonos-Playbar/dp/B00KKO437M/ref=sr_1_58?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1510612696&sr=1-58&keywords=sonos+playbar