Answered

Replace a faulty Move Product in Sonos 2

• 21 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have exchanged a faulty Sonos Move device with a replacement device. How do I remove the original Move device from the Sonos 2 app. System/Products shows my original ‘Sonos Move’ as being ‘Offline’ with no apparent way to remove it (very irritating to keep seeing a device that has been replaced!!)

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 January 2021, 06:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try these steps:

1. Take Move off the charging base.
  2. Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to power it off.
  3. Press and hold the JoinButton-24px.png Join button and place Move back on the charging base.
  4. Continue holding the JoinButton-24px.png Join button until the light on top flashes orange and white.
  5. The light will flash green when the process is complete.

There is no way to remove the old device from that list. The list you’re looking at is ‘devices that you have activated’ and not necessarily ‘devices that are active’. I, too, have several old devices in my history. The only way that a device will disappear from that list is if that device ID gets registered to someone else’s’ account.

I have stopped looking at it, so it doesn’t bother me as much.

Badge

Thanks very much for your reply, guess I’ll have to learn to live with it, still seems weird though!